Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Lord give us this Valley."

Great News from Jeff Davoll, ABWE missionary and co-laborer in Christ ministering in Primavera, Ecuador.

He writes:

"Rejoice and pray with us (Jeff Davoll and family)!

For the past 3 years we have been praying, "Lord give us this Valley."  Just gotta share what God is doing!
 
We are showing "Reto de Valientes" (Courageous) in our urbanization (Primavera, Ecuador) this Saturday.  We are praying for 200 men and officers to attend. I received a call yesterday from a police officer and he met with me at 9 AM today to hear of our plans.  Someone had given an officer an invitation in Tumbaco.  He brought it to the police chief and the chief sent the officer to me. They asked me to provide 2 more showings to more than 500 officers in the valley PLUS their families!

In further discussion he is part of a task force of officers from Quito that want to take the movie to ALL OF THE PRECINTS IN ECUADOR!  He is asking for our help!  They have plans in the works now for getting this to Cuenca and Loja!  But, he said they need the spiritual connection!  I shared with the need to connect each precint with a local church for continued followup and care with the officers.  We also talked about my vision for chaplaincy here in Ecuador which we do not have.  He stated that that is a great need and I suggested we start here in Tumbaco first.  He mentioned the officers need help because daily they are faced with prostitution, drugs, and alcoholism and many of them fall.
 
There is another showing of the movie here in Quito with the Captain of police for the entire country of policemen, over 40,000 officers, on July 7.  He is trying to get me an invite.
 
Oh yeah, just found out.  One of my neighbors in the urbanization is the Ministro de Defence of Ecuador!  The Ministro del Interior is a Cristian.  We personally invited the Ministro of Defense to the movie on Saturday!
 
Revelation 3:8 - "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."  No idea how long the door is open, but please pray with us as we serve!"


Let's support our brother, Jeff''s, efforts with a commitment to pray in the weeks and months to come.









No comments:

Post a Comment